Tawa Gurda Masala is a simple and flavoursome mutton recipe. It’s a mouth-watering dish served on special occasions, especially on Eid.
Gurda is very soft and slippery and creates a perfect mealtime when mixed with spices. In addition, the preparation is super fast and creates an inviting environment for every dinner table.
On the day of Bakri Eid, we Muslim women prefer to make recipes that get ready soon. So it hardly takes 15 minutes to complete this Tawa Gurda Masala and get ready.
It is tasty at the same time and healthy too. So make this Bakri Eid special by making this tasteful Tawa Gurda Masala.
You can also go for other tasty mutton recipes like Arabic Mutton Harees and Memoni Kabas. These recipes are different and serve a uniqueness in your meal collection.
Why Tawa Gurda Masala?
It is one of the easiest recipes for a non-veg dish. However, it also requires one of the essential ingredients of all time. Plus, the process of making it is also easier.
The base of the masala is onions. Generally, most dishes consist of both onion and tomatoes for the base. However, tomatoes are optional here. If you will use them, add them in the later stage.
For spices, common spices like red chilli powder, coriander powder, and sometimes garam masala are added along with salt and turmeric powder. You can add green chillies if you like them spicier. Some people add roasted cumin powder and tandoori masala to it. It is your choice if you want to add them.
Now all that remains is the main ingredient and some lemon juice to the recipe. Of course, coriander is always favoured for garnish.
You can either marinate the meat beforehand in these spices or add them during the cooking process.
Nutrients of Gurda (Mutton Kidney)
Gurda is an organ part of the goat. Most organs are highly nutritious, and studies show they are more nutrient-dense than muscle meat.
They are especially rich in vitamins like vitamin B12 and folate. They are also a great source of minerals like iron, magnesium, selenium, and zinc.
It also consists of essential fat-soluble vitamins like A, D, E and K. Furthermore, organ meats are an excellent protein source.
Benefits of Eating Gurda (Mutton Kidney)
- It contains high-quality protein and helps in building and retaining muscle mass.
- Best sources of choline. Provides essential nutrients for the brain, muscle, and liver.
- High-protein diets reduce your appetite and thus increase feelings of fullness.
- It helps weight loss by increasing your metabolic rate.
Drawbacks of Eating Gurda (Mutton Kidney)
- People with Arthritis (Increased Uric Acid) must consume fewer amounts.
- Excess intake by pregnant women causes severe congenital disabilities and abnormalities.
- If we directly cook the meat on the tawa, it can take some time to get ready. If you wish to reduce the cooking time, boil it before with ginger garlic paste and turmeric powder for fifteen minutes.
- Adding meat tenderizer will not be ideal as the kidney is softer than the remaining meat. Thus it will become too soft to cook.
- Keep the kidney pieces more prominent as it shrinks once cooked.
- Use chopped ginger and garlic instead of the paste. It will taste better.
- You can add edible red colour to make them look appetizing. Or use Kashmiri red chilli powder for the same.
- If you want, you can use a kadhai or flat pan to make even to make this dish.
Similar mutton recipes: