Paan Lassi is an exciting flavoured lassi to experiment with. We have so many variations in lassi, and Paan lassi is one of them. It is a unique and refreshing drink to try out.
Paan is an assortment in India that has betel leaves filled with ingredients like areca nut and slaked lime folded. All these are chewed together. People in India mostly have this as a mouth-freshener.
We are using the sweet version of the paan here, blending it with curd and tutti frutti to make this delicious lassi. Since these are sweet enough, we are not adding anything for the sweetness.
Is Paan Lassi Healthy?
It may not seem like it, but this lassi is healthy. The betel leaves are an excellent source of antioxidants. Besides, they also help in levelling the ph balance of our system. Moreover, they are also good when you need to calm your upset stomach down because they are suitable for digestion and have anti-flatulent properties.
And speaking about the other main ingredient, yoghurt/curd is also a great source of nutrients. It is good for digestion, great for the immunity system, weight management, heart health benefits, etc. It also contains protein that is necessary for our muscles.
However, when you add tobacco to your paan, one can’t say that it is a healthy food choice.
Since we are not using anything for the sweetness, it is also not a concern. However, you can add honey or dates, replacing the tutti frutti here. That will also increase the health factor in this lassi.
TR’s Extra Shots:
- Make it fresh and consume it immediately.
- If you do not want to use the whole paan, use only the betel leaves.
- Gulkand and nuts can also significantly add to the lassi for richness.
- Replace betel nuts with betel nuts powder if they are not getting crushed in the lassi.
- Use the chilled water to get a thinner consistency if you desire.
- For more flavours, add powdered fennel seeds, crushed cardamom, saffron, rose/vanilla essence, nutmeg, etc.
Few Paan Recipes
More lassi recipes: