Muskmelon Lassi is a sweet lassi variant that is unique and refreshing during summer.
Muskmelon or cantaloupe is an underrated fruit. Most people do not like it as it does not appeal much to their taste and looks. Therefore, this fruit is neglected so much. However, it brings nothing but benefits with it.
This lassi can be a great addition to your diet since it is equivalent to a smoothie, especially for those people who are health conscious or are doing regular workouts.
Muskmelon is also known as Kirni or Kirni pazham. Hence you can also name this Kirni Pazham lassi or a cantaloupe yoghurt smoothie.
Reasons To Try Muskmelon Smoothie
- First and foremost, it is excellent in health quotient.
- Extremely easy to prepare and fuss-free.
- One can make it almost instantly.
- A unique and refreshing drink to try in summer.
- It was filling your stomach.
- Another option to have in summer than just lemonade.
- It can be an addition to the list of your summer drinks.
Health Benefits Of Muskmelon Lassi
Both of the main ingredients in this drink are full of nutrients. Both have many health benefits.
Muskmelon is excellent for weight loss. It contains ample vitamin C that helps strengthen the immunity system. Moreover, it helps regulate blood sugar levels and, in turn, prevents diabetes. Muskmelon is also a great fruit to consume during summer since it has high water content. It will keep you hydrated against the scorching heat.
Another benefit this lassi has is it helps with digestion because of the presence of yoghurt/curd. Also, it has probiotics and calcium. Calcium will help make the bones stronger.
All of these will benefit your health. So this lassi is quite a healthy option.
Tips For The Lassi:
- Replace the sugar with honey or dates to make it healthier and filling. Or entirely skip the ingredient.
- If you like, add some mint leaves to make it cooler.
- Add saffron, cardamom, or nutmeg to add flavours.
- You can garnish it with dry fruits too. Unfortunately, it is not common, but one can also add hazelnut.
- If you want to reduce the thickness, add some milk, more ice cubes, or chilled water.
- Replace the yoghurt with its plant-based or vegan substitute to keep this vegan. Similarly, replace milk with almond milk or coconut milk for the same.
- One can also add desiccated coconut.
- Add condensed milk and store it in moulds in the refrigerator. You will get a kulfi.