Mango Melon Smoothie is a refreshing smoothie for summer. It is nutritious and tummy-filling. Perfect to start your day with. It is a unique combination of mango and melon together.
Honestly, muskmelon (or cantaloupe) is a very underrated fruit. How many of you even notice this fruit among other ones? I am sure not many even glance at it, right?🙁
I was the same until I tasted it. And I loved the natural sweetness this fruit has in abundance. Oh, and having it with some lemon juice squeezed over it. Just pure yum!😋😋
And I am not even adding the benefits muskmelon has. Using it with mango in this smoothie is a great way to enjoy this fruit.
Besides, I haven’t even listed down the benefits of this smoothie. It is filled with vitamin A and C. It is a gluten-free and no-cook recipe as well.
Ingredients of Mango Melon Smoothie
The ingredients list for this smoothie is minimal. There are only five ingredients in total to make this smoothie.
- Mango – One of the main ingredients. Choose the mangoes that are ripe and sweet. Alphonso mango will be the best choice.
- Melon – Another ingredient to make the base. It, too, needs to be sweet. Sometimes they do not have any taste and are bland. If this happens then, your smoothie may not taste that great.
- Honey – A healthy sweetener! Sugar is okay to use as well. But like I mentioned, this is a healthier option, especially for the health-conscious people out there.
- Lemon – The blend of tangy and sweet is next to irresistible. Lemon helps to achieve that in this recipe.
- Curd – This is to make the smoothie thicker and creamier. You can use plain yoghurt or vanilla flavour yoghurt as well.
If you guys have ever seen or made a smoothie, you must know how easy it is to prepare. Seriously a novice who has no experience in cooking can make this. (Given they have basic know-how or at least have set foot in the kitchen.😂)
Generally, all the ingredients are blended in a mixer while making this. But here, we are going to blend the mango and melons first separately. Then, you will also squeeze the lemon into a separate bowl to get the juice.
After that comes the blending together part; throw everything in the blender (not literally 😅) and blend them to get this smoothie.
Serve it in a glass and top it off with some mint leaves and mango cubes. Or, if you want, then place melon cubes on top. But I know that is highly unlikely to happen. (You can fool people with melon instead of mango if they have a dark enough colour. 😁)
Tips For Mango Melon Smoothie
- You can also try this recipe with avocado or watermelon (it is a popular one). Then, either replace it with melon or add it as the third fruit together.
- Simple milk or coconut milk can be a substitute for curd here.
- Ice cream or heavy cream can also be a replacement for curd, just like curd.
- Some even like plain or coconut water in this recipe. So try to experiment with that.
- Vanilla extract can be used as well.
- A little bit of strawberry crush can also increase the deliciousness of this smoothie.
A few other smoothie recipes: