Watermelon Smoothie is an exceedingly refreshing no-cook drink. It is a low-calorie and gluten-free recipe. Apart from cutting the fruits, it just takes a minute to prepare.
Even just the first sip of it is enough to transport you to the beach.🏖️🏖️ You are sure to get the feeling of yourself chilling on the shores and leisurely sipping this drink. Ah, what a life!
This smoothie is tummy-filling as well. So you can have it for a snack or even breakfast. Not only that, but this is also a very great option to have while you are trying to lose weight.
The drink is packed with vitamins, and the ingredients are healthy. The watermelon smoothie is just for you – the health-conscious people out there.
Understand the Ingredients
You only need three ingredients to make this smoothie. That’s right! Only three! Let’s have a look at them.
- Watermelon – Our star ingredient.⭐️ Choose the juicy watermelon. A medium-sized watermelon will be enough to make this.
- Honey – This is to add to the sweetness of the smoothie. Just the watermelon’s sweetness may not be enough. Hence, we are using honey here. It is a healthier option than sugar. You may skip it if you want.
- Curd – It will contribute to the smoothie’s thickness and creamy consistency. Use a curd that is not sour. Curd or yoghurt with added flavours will be okay, too, but it must go well with watermelon.
To make it more cooling add mint leaves or Basil and all the ingredients and blend them. Or, if you want to add some tanginess to the drink, then add lemon juice or orange juice to it.
However, if you like the smoothie, you can skip these ingredients.
How long can we store the watermelon smoothie?
Making this drink at home is extremely easy. The only time-consuming thing will be to deseed and cut the watermelon into pieces.
You can keep the servings in a zip-lock bag in the freezer, and then you can serve them the next day.
Keeping the smoothie in an air-tight jar will keep it edible only for 24 hours. However, it is advisable to consume it within 30 minutes.
- Add a small piece of ginger to get a little punch.
- Adding cream or ice cream can also substitute curd/yoghurt.
- You can try this recipe with coconut water as well.
- One can add different combinations of fruits to the smoothie. For example, fruits like strawberries, bananas, strawberries, and mangoes go well with watermelon.
- It is advisable to freeze them before using them in smoothies.
- One can use plain water or regular milk if you do not want the smoothie thick.
- You can try making this drink with chia seeds, ground flax seeds, greens (spinach, kale, etc.), cucumbers, etc.
Here’s a list of other watermelon drinks.