Watermelon Smoothie is an exceedingly refreshing no-cook drink. It is a low-calorie and gluten-free recipe. Apart from cutting the fruits, it just takes a minute to prepare.
Even just the first sip of it is enough to transport you to the beach.🏖️🏖️ You are sure to get the feeling of yourself chilling on the shores and leisurely sipping this drink. Ah, what a life!
This smoothie is tummy-filling as well. So you can have it for a snack or even breakfast. Not only that, but this is also a very great option to have while you are trying to lose weight.
The drink is also packed with vitamins, and the ingredients are healthy. So all the health-conscious people out there, all things considered, this is just for you.
Ingredients For Watermelon Smoothie
You only need three ingredients to make this smoothie. That’s right! Only three! Let’s have a look at them.
- Watermelon – Our star ingredient.⭐️ Choose the juicy watermelon. A medium-sized watermelon will be enough to make this.
- Honey – This is to add to the sweetness of the smoothie. Just the watermelon’s sweetness may not be enough. Hence, we are using honey here. It is a healthier option than sugar. You may skip it if you want.
- Curd – It will contribute to the thickness and the creamy consistency of the smoothie. Use a curd that is not sour. Curd or yoghurt with added flavours will be okay, too, but it must go well with watermelon.
However, if you like the smoothie as it is, then you get the option of skipping this ingredient.
Preparing Watermelon Smoothie
Making this drink at home is extremely easy. The only time-consuming thing in this process will be to deseed and cut the watermelon into pieces. But worry not, you can always make a family member get to work for it.😜😜
Once you have achieved that, put all the ingredients in the blender. Blend it and PRESTO! You are all set to go.✊🏼✊🏼
To make it more cooling add mint leaves along with all the ingredients and blend them. Basil can be a substitute for that.
Or, if you want to add some tanginess to the drink, then add lemon juice or orange juice to it.
Storing Watermelon Smoothie
You can keep the servings in a zip-lock bag in the freezer, and then you can serve them the next day.
Keeping the smoothie in an air-tight jar will keep it edible only for 24 hours. However, it is advisable to consume it within 30 minutes of making it.
- Add a small piece of ginger to get a little punch.
- Adding cream or ice cream can also be a substitute for curd/yoghurt.
- You can try this recipe with coconut water as well.
- One can add different combinations of fruits to the smoothie. For example, fruits like strawberries, bananas, strawberries, and mangoes go well with watermelon.
- It is advisable to freeze them before using them in smoothies.
- One can use plain water or regular milk if you do not want the smoothie to be thick.
- You can try making this drink with a combination of chia seeds, ground flax seeds, greens (spinach, kale, etc.), cucumbers, etc.
Here’s a list of other watermelon drinks.