Watermelon post-workout smoothie is one of the best smoothies for regaining all the nutrients after a workout. It also helps in hydration and energises you. In addition, it is a no-cook recipe that gets ready in a jiffy.
After a workout, your body loses many nutrients. And you need to restore those back for the proper functioning of your body. A good rest can help achieve that. But that alone is not enough.
Your body also will need fuelling after that. And a smoothie can be the ultimate solution for that. So your system not only gets filled with liquid, but you also get the benefit of the nutrients of the food used.
Why Watermelon Smoothie For Post Workout?
First and foremost, watermelon is the best summer fruit but is also excellent for refuelling after exercise – good enough reason to choose this as a smoothie after a workout.
Best for hydrating your body and providing refreshment and helps reduce the soreness in the muscles after a workout – precisely what you need.
Apart from that, we have added protein powder to the smoothie. It is highly recommended when you have a gym regime. It helps build muscles and repairs the tissues. It also helps with weight loss and toning the muscles.
Bananas in this smoothie will provide energy and add to the protein quotient. Moreover, they contain fibre. Fibres can help in keeping the digestive system and metabolism healthy.
Plus, we are using honey in this as a sweetener. As you all are aware, honey is a powerhouse of nutrients. It is a natural superfood. It is rich in antioxidants, suitable for blood sugar levels and overall improvement of your health.
Lastly, this smoothie is very filling for your stomach. Hence, you won’t suffer from hunger pangs after a workout. Nor would you be tempted to eat just anything and risk undoing the benefits of your activity—a healthier choice to help you keep your diet in check.
It has a small list of ingredients. Besides, this smoothie is a no-cook recipe, and you can make it on the go as well. So this is great for vegans as well. And the best part is – It’s delicious!
Variations to the Watermelon Smoothie
There can be endless variations to this smoothie. If you search on the internet, you will find so many options.
One can make a completely new smoothie version by adding one or two ingredients. For example, one can pair Watermelon with multiple fruits to make another version of the smoothie—strawberries, cranberries, pineapple, apple, orange, avocado, mango, blueberries, etc. You can either use them fresh, frozen, or in juice form.
Yoghurt is also a popular option to use in the smoothie. It thickens the smoothie and provides certain health benefits.
However, if you are a vegan, yoghurt will not be your choice. In this case, you can completely omit to add this. Or you can use the substitutes like non-dairy yoghurt, almond milk, coconut water, or coconut milk. Unsweetened coconut flesh is also good to use here.
TR’s Extra Shots
- Frozen Fruits – If you d not have fresh fruits, frozen fruits are also okay to use.
- Protein Powder – If you do not like its taste or do not want to use this ingredient, replace this with protein-packed food like avocado, guava, kiwi, berries, etc. Or you can add quinoa as well.
- Vanilla Extract – One teaspoon of vanilla extract will be good if you want some aroma and flavour. It will also cut out any unpleasant smell.
- Vegetables – Smoothies also contain vegetables and not just fruits. Green vegetables like spinach and kale are popular choices. You can even use cucumber for the same.
- Kefir – You can add this fermented milk if you want. It will add calcium, Vitamin B, and protein to it.
- Maca Powder – It is a powder from the maca plant roots. Some believe it has many health benefits, especially for women. You can add it to the smoothie as well.
Some other watermelon drinks: