Watermelon Ice Tea is a unique cooling drink for the summer. This recipe is adapted and altered with watermelon from the original Iced Tea recipe.
It is a combination that may not appeal to most people. But it would be sad not to try this mocktail at least once. One can come to like it eventually.
By far, this drink is better than a soda or soft drink. It will not be difficult to imagine yourself sipping this refreshment on a sunny summer day. This drink can also be a great option when hosting a pool party in the summer.
Tips For Watermelon Iced Tea
- You can prepare watermelon puree and sugar syrup beforehand. Then you can combine everything when you want to drink it.
- Be careful never to add tea when it is hot, and let it cool down first.
- You can add store-bought readymade flavoured syrup instead of sugar syrup. It should go well with the flavours.
- It is not recommended to prepare tea beforehand and store it. Instead, do this only when you need to serve the drink.
- You can adjust the proportion of all the ingredients in this recipe depending on the taste you desire from it.
- Remove the watermelon, and you will get a classic iced tea.
- Substitute the sugar with honey for a healthy option.
- You can experiment with this recipe with other fruits like orange, strawberries, lemon basil, blackberry mint, raspberry, peach ginger, etc.
- One way to serve is how we did. It is a simple and straightforward way. There are a few other options as well.
- As we did here, you can add everything in a mason jar to assemble the drink. This way, it will be easier to mix it.
- More watermelon cubes can be added to the mason jar with the drink. Or you can cut up the green part of the watermelon and add it to the jar with the drink.
- Lemon slices and mint leaves will be great to add later after assembling the drink, similar to watermelon mojito. Likewise, put a twig of rosemary or lemongrass in the serving glass.
- Or you can add freeze mint leaves or other herbs in the ice cubes tray and add them to the drink instead of simple ice.
Here’s a list of other watermelon drinks: