Banana Lassi, or as they call it in the west, Banana Smoothie, is another one of the multiple variations of regular sweet lassi. It is similar to mango lassi, and needless to mention that it is a fruit lassi.
Why Banana Lassi?
- It is a simple and delicious drink to have in summer.
- Easy and quick to make.
- You can have it for breakfast or before a workout.
- The ingredients are readily available.
- Best drink to include in your meals if you are on a diet.
- Bananas contain so many health benefits.
- It is enough to fill your needs for calories and carbs without compromising your weight much.
- Through this recipe, you can make the best use of ripened bananas before they go unedible.
TR’s Extra Shots:
- You can garnish it with some almonds, pistachios, or grated coconut.
- Freeze them in popsicle moulds for fun and eat them. Or store them and defrost them when you drink them later.
- If you want, you can blend more fruits with this.
- You can also use frozen bananas in this.
- If you add ice, you cannot store it for later consumption.
- Warming spices like cardamom powder, nutmeg or cinnamon powder can be added to this drink.
Is banana lassi good for your health?
The primary ingredient in banana lassi is, of course, bananas which have various vitamins and minerals, including calcium, magnesium, iron, folate, niacin, and B6. In addition, bananas are one of the best sources of potassium which is very good for controlling blood pressure.
The base ingredient is curd or yoghurt, which is very good for digestion and immunity. Further, it helps in stronger bones and teeth.
Both are very good for your health, so one can say that Banana lassi is very good for your health.
However, we are adding sugar to the lassi. If the bananas are sweet enough for you, then skip this ingredient.
However, if you want to add something for sweetness, not sugar, then honey is the best option. It will also add to the health factor.
Some more lassi variations: