Pineapple Lassi is a delicious twist to the regular sweet lassi. It has a delightful combination of sweet and tangy from pineapple and sugar.
Lassi is a popular summer drink for people in India. People love drinking this, so we have experimented with various flavours and come up with varieties like Kaju gulkand lassi, chocolate lassi, masala lassi, salted lassi and such. Pineapple lassi is one such simple variation.
Why Make Pineapple Lassi?
- It is a filling and healthy drink.
- A perfect coolant for summer.
- Pineapple contains vitamins A and C. Moreover, it contains antioxidants as well.
- It is a delicious variation on the regular lassi.
- One can have lassi as a post-workout drink.
- You can drink this for breakfast as well.
- Great to include in your party drinks menu.
- You can also substitute this for regular pineapple juice.
Taste & Texture Of Pineapple Lassi
Lassi is a drink similar to a smoothie. Therefore, the texture will also be identical for both. Interestingly, the colour of the lassi is very similar to that of Kesar Pista lassi, especially if you add saffron to the mix.
This lassi is smooth in texture. You will only experience chunks if you add pineapple pieces to it as a garnish. The drink will hold the slightly tangy and sharp taste of the pineapple, along with the sourness of the curd. But it is balanced by the sweetness of sugar deliciously.
Honey is the best sugar substitute if you think it goes well. Or you can substitute it with dates and condensed milk as well.
Milk will keep consistency in control. This lassi is slightly thinner than a thick shake but thicker in consistency than a milkshake. You can also use ice cubes or chilled water to adjust the consistency. Or you can skip them altogether.
Another Way To Make
What we are making is instant. However, we can make it another way as well. A somewhat pineapple compote will be helpful in this.
Making it is simple. You have to cook pineapple pieces/grated pineapple and sugar on a medium flame for 2-3 minutes or until the sugar melts. Do not let it burn or get caramelised. Allow it to cool.
After that, you can blend everything to make lassi. You can add heavy cream for more richness and consistency as well.
Tr’s Extra Shots
- You can add a pinch of cardamom or nutmeg powder for aroma and essence.
- Similarly, add dry fruits or ice cream to make this drink lovelier.
- Desiccated coconut can be used as a garnish.
- For some savouriness, you can add a little bit of salt.
- You can use canned pineapple for this as well. Just check for the taste of it.