Eggless Tutti Frutti Cupcakes are easy-to-make and straightforward cupcakes. Since we are not using eggs, these cupcakes are great for vegetarians. Moreover, the ingredients for this recipe are readily available.
It gets tricky to decide when we want to make something for kids. But these cupcakes are adored by the children. It is also a great tea-time snack. Additionally, try recipes like chai biscuits, almond cookies, coconut cookies, salted biscuits, and digestive biscuits; adults also love these.
Ingredients for Eggless Tutti Frutti Cupcakes
- All-Purpose Flour – This is the most commonly used flour for baking. But this can be replaced by special baking flour or wheat flour for a healthier option.
- Baking Powder & Baking Soda will raise the cupcakes and make them soft and fluffy. the cupcakes will also be lighter.
- Tutti Frutti – The star ingredient of this recipe. You can add as much as you like. It will also provide a nice look.
- Curd – This ingredient will replace the eggs in the recipe. It will make the muffins rich in texture and also help in leavening. (1/4 cup curd = 1 egg)
- Oil – It is needed to make the cupcakes smooth and soft. It will also prevent the batter from sticking to the vessel.
- Sugar – Powdered sugar is better to use as it dissolves easily. Regular sugar is also okay but you will need more time and effort to make it dissolve. You can adjust the sweetness.
Brown sugar is also okay instead of white sugar, preferably powdered sugar. But it will be less sweet than white sugar, so you need to adjust its amount as per the sweetness required. However, we won’t advise using that here. The taste may not sit well.
You can replace oil with butter. Preferably unsalted butter. However, it is preferable to stick to the recipe. Nutmeg powder, as well as cinnamon powder, can be used for aroma. Cinnamon powder is more used in general while baking. We can replace all-purpose flour with baking flour or wheat flour.
Taste & Texture of Eggless Tutti Frutti Cupcakes
The taste of these tutti frutti cupcakes is sweet and delightful. Just the way kids like it; hence, it is unique. The look is also quite attractive. But, even if kids love it, it doesn’t mean that adults cannot enjoy it. These are just as attractive and enjoyable for adults like they are for kids. Besides, they are not too sweet too. However, you can always control the sweetness.
And the texture of the batter is smooth. It will make the cupcakes come out lighter and fluffier. Other than that, the cupcakes will be moist and soft.
TR’s Extra Shots
- Aroma – If the aroma is enhanced, the cupcakes will be more tempting. For that, you can add vanilla essence. Or you can try other flavours like orange, strawberry, or lemon in the batter for more aroma.
- Toothpick Testing – Test the muffins with the toothpick after baking them. If they do not stick, then they are ready. Otherwise, bake them some more.
- Storage – Store the cupcakes in an air-tight container. They will remain edible for a maximum of one week.
- Baking – Do not keep the batter for long before baking. Or else, the baking powder de-activate, and the cupcake won’t rise.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I have to preheat the oven?
Preheating the oven and reaching the required temperature before putting the tray is essential. It gets your leavening agent to react faster and your dish to cook and rise more quickly. If not preheated, the dish will cook at a lower temperature for the initial minutes, and it may affect the texture of the bake. Sometimes it may not create a problem, but this needs to be done most of the time.
Why didn’t my cupcakes rise?
Baking soda and baking powder are responsible for rising cupcakes or cake in baking. This problem may arise when you have added more flour than required. If this happens, you need to add more baking soda and baking powder to the batter.
Can I make this cupcake with other flavours?
It is possible to make the same recipe with other flavours. Most probably with the pulpy fruit. E.g., you can add mango puree or strawberry puree to the batter to create an entirely new recipe out of it.
How can I make it without an oven?
You can make these without an oven. Once you have filled the cupcake liners with the batter, place them on a flat frying pan. Heat a Tava for 5 minutes on medium heat. Once it is hot, place the pan over it. Cover the pan with a lid and block any openings with a tissue. Bake the cupcakes for 25-30 minutes on low-medium heat. Do test it with the toothpicks after.
What can I alternate to baking soda?
You can alternate the baking soda with yeast. It will also alternate curd.
Some more similar recipes: