Most of us enjoy eating a chocolate cake or cupcake. It is tasty but now a regular option. Cadbury Shots Cupcakes are a step further than chocolate cupcakes. These are just as tempting as simple chocolate cupcakes—a simple and delicious cupcake recipe containing Cadbury shots.
These cupcakes are easy to bake without much fuss. Besides, people will quickly love them, especially children. It’s quick, and even the looks are enough to have one bite of it.
Things You’ll Need
The ingredients list for these cupcakes is small. Also, the ingredients are readily available.
The dry items we used in this recipe are all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, and sugar powder. Every ingredient is essential. Baking powder and soda are for raising cupcakes and making them fluffy. At the same time, we are using sugar powder for sweetening. Therefore, it is easier to mix.
Oil and curd are the wet ingredients in cupcakes. Both are to make the cupcakes moist and soft. Curd also acts as a leavening agent.
Things you can Replace with
There are a few ingredients that one can substitute. For example, people use eggs in baking, but we will be using curd instead since it is eggless.
Yoghurt/curd and eggs are the best substitutes for each other. Replace them as per this measure:
- 4 eggs = 1 cup curd/yoghurt
- 2 eggs = 1/2 cup curd/yoghurt
- 1 egg = 1/4 cup curd/yoghurt
Another substitute ingredient is oil. Mostly cupcakes or cakes includes butter to make the dish moist and soft. The texture is smooth when we use butter, but it also turns a bit denser compared to oil. Plus, we need much less oil as compared to butter.
The standard measurements say that 10 tbsp of butter equals 7 & 1/2 tbsp oil.
There is an alternative for a lighter and instant version of the recipe. For that, you need a packet of biscuits (preferably chocolate), 1/4 tsp baking soda, Cadbury shots, and milk. Grind the biscuits to powder and add them to cups that are microwave safe. Do not fill it. Then add baking soda and mix it.
After that, add milk gradually and mix until the mixture is smooth. Then add the Cadbury shots and lightly mix them until they are covered. Then microwave them for 2 minutes. The cupcakes are ready. All you need to do now is to decorate them as you wish.
TR’s Extra Shots
- Mixing – Be careful not to overmix the batter, or else they will turn out dense and a bit hard, much like muffins.
- Filling – To make it more tempting, you can add chunks of items that will go well in the cupcakes. For example, one can add banana, strawberry, pineapple, raspberries, or even beetroot in small pieces.
- Toothpick Testing – Test the muffins with the toothpick after baking them. If they do not stick, then they are ready. Otherwise, bake them some more.
- Aroma – You can add nutmeg or cinnamon powder a bit to enhance the smell of the cupcakes. But add it in a minimal quantity.
- Extract – Add a little bit of vanilla extract for more flavour.
- Chocolate – You can add melted dark chocolate or chocolate syrup to make it more fun. Similarly, you can add Nutella as well.
- Decorating – Whipped cream is excellent to top these cupcakes with. Or you can make oreo frosting or chocolate frosting for them.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I add cocoa powder?
If you like it more chocolatey, then you can add cocoa powder. But not too much, or the batter will be stiff and not as smooth as we need it. However, you can check out the Chocolate Cupcakes that we have.
I don’t want to use all-purpose flour. What else can I use?
Why do I need to preheat the oven?
Preheating the oven and reaching the required temperature before putting the tray is essential. It helps bake your cupcakes faster. If you don’t preheat, the dish will cook at a lower temperature for the initial minutes resulting in improper baked cupcakes. So, you may find that inside of the cupcakes is not completely baked.
What to do when cupcakes are not soft enough?
Wet ingredients should be enough to get the moisture in the cupcakes and make them softer. However, if they are not enough, you can add just a little milk to it. It can also happen when you have overmixed the batter.
Can I use butter instead of oil?
Yes, you can use butter for sure but I recommend unsalted butter for it. Remember to let the butter out of your refrigeration and come to room temperature before using it.