Peanut Butter Muffins are an excellent sweet delight to have during breakfast or as a snack. We are not using eggs; hence it is also great for vegetarians.
For those who are a fan of peanut butter, this can be one of your favourites. You can also add this to your kids’ party or in their tiffin box to make their day.
Main Ingredients in Peanut Butter Muffins
You do not need to do extra labour with the flour batter. Instead, with just three ingredients, you can cook up these delicious muffins. All you need is one cup of peanut butter, one mashed banana, and two eggs. Now mix all the ingredients with an electric beater. Then bake them in the oven.
Taste & Texture of Eggless Peanut Butter Muffins
These peanut butter muffins taste sweet and delightful, much like banana muffins. It will also give a nutty flavour due to the peanut butter. These are just as attractive and enjoyable for adults as they are for kids. They are also not too sweet, and most of the sweetness is natural. Besides, you can adjust the sweetness.
The batter is not too smooth. Instead, we are just mixing the ingredients and not overmixing them. That is the reason the texture of the muffins will be a little harder and denser once they are done.
Hence, considering the sweetness, ingredients, and texture, this recipe comes under the muffins category and not cupcakes.
TR’s Extra Shots
- Extra Fillings – You can add some chocolate chips or dry fruits, especially walnuts, to the muffins before baking them. It will make the muffins tastier and more enjoyable.
- Aroma – If the aroma is enhanced, the muffins will be more tempting. For that, you can add vanilla essence or powder. Or you can try other flavours like orange or lemon in the batter for more aroma. Cinnamon powder is the most preferred ingredient for the same.
- Toothpick Testing – Test the muffins with the toothpick after baking them. If they do not stick, then they are ready. Otherwise, bake them some more.
- Sweetness – You can substitute sugar with powdered brown sugar or even honey. For extra flavour and nutrition, bananas can be a great addition.
- Storage – Use an air-tight container or plastic wrap to store the muffins. They’ll last for 2-3 days.
- Substitute – Curd is enough to provide the required moisture. But if you are using eggs, you can add moisture through milk or buttermilk.
- Mixing – If you add the chocolate chips in them, add them halfway through the mixing. Please do not keep it for the last, or you will have an overmixed batter. It can change the muffin’s texture.
- Extra – You can also try this recipe with chocolate peanut butter to get the goodness of peanut butter and chocolate.
Muffins Baking FAQs
Can I use butter instead of oil for muffins?
Oil is the best ingredient for muffins as it keeps them smooth and light. Soft butter can substitute, but it will make the muffins denser.
Why is my muffin dense and dry?
It can happen if you have overmixed the batter. We need to mix the ingredients properly and not make it smooth. Otherwise, the muffins will come out dry and denser than required. Or you may have even overbaked them.
I don’t want to add sugar. What else can I use for sweetness?
As mentioned before, honey and mashed bananas are great for substituting sugar. But you can also use maple syrup for that. Or, if there is any other ingredient that goes well, you can use them.
Can I use tahini instead of peanut butter?
Yes, you can try this recipe with tahini. But tahini is thinner in consistency than peanut butter. So use oil in less measure than shown here.
Can I make this recipe into mini muffins?
Yes, you can make this in mini muffins. Just reduce the batter in the scoop, and you will not need to preheat the oven.