Oreo Cupcakes are one of the most delightful cupcakes out there. They are delicious, enjoyable, and will melt in your mouth.
Oreo’s have become a favourite of all, kids and adults alike, in a short time. My friends are so crazy about it that they can eat anything with Oreos in them. But, unfortunately, they often get confused between oreo cupcakes, oreo mousse, oreo milkshakes, oreo ice cream, and the list keeps going on.
I do not have a sweet tooth. Still, I recommend trying this delectable cupcake at least once. And it will be even better to try making this.
Ingredients For Oreo Cupcakes
Well, this recipe does not need too many ingredients. It is a less fussy recipe. Let’s have a look at them.
- Oreo Biscuits – This is the star ingredient of our recipe. You can use it more in measure than what we have shown.
- Curd – The simple substitute of eggs in this recipe. Make sure the curd or yoghurt is less watery. Also, we will recommend it to be a non-flavoured one. It is also replacing the milk in baking as well.
- Baking Soda & Baking powder – These ingredients are responsible for making the cupcakes light and fluffy. The cupcakes will be sponge-like because of these ingredients.
- All-Purpose Flour – This is the best option to use in baking. We will not advise using any other flour because it will not be too good. Do not go for baking specific flour as well.
- Sugar Powder – Of course, we will be using it for sweetening. You can adjust the measure as per your preference. And use it in powder form instead of solid. It will be easier to dissolve.
- Butter – We are using it only in the frosting. It will make the frosting smooth and soft. And it will also prevent it from sticking too much.
- Vanilla Essence – This is to enhance the cupcake flavour and also make it aromatic.
How To Make Oreo Cupcakes?
This recipe is divided into two parts. The first is to make the cupcakes, and the second one is for the frosting. So, let’s go through the cupcake recipe first.
Making the cupcake batter is nothing rocket science. The only effort you need to put is into the mixing of the ingredients. That’s it! Other than that, nothing much is to be worried about.
So first of all, preheat your oven at 160° C for 10 minutes. Then start preparing the batter. First, mix the curd and baking soda in one bowl. Then mix oil and sugar powder till they combine. Now add the curd with baking soda to this bowl. Also, add vanilla essence to it. Mix everything well.
Then comes the turn for all-purpose flour. We’ll be adding it in batches, so it will be easier to mix in the bowl. Mix until the batter is smooth. After that, we’ll be adding oreo biscuits chunks and mixing them gently. The batter is ready.
Greasing the cupcake liners, we’ll place them in the tray and fill them 2/3 with the batter. Tap it to remove the bubbles and put it in the oven. Bake them for 12 minutes at 160° C. Check them with a toothpick once done. If it doesn’t stick, then the cupcakes are ready.
The frosting we are making here is from the oreo biscuit itself. You can name it Cookies & Cream as well. You will need an electric beater to make this.
Separate the cream from the oreo biscuits and crumble the cookies in a mixer jar. Now put the butter in a bowl and beat it until smooth. Then goes the cream from the biscuit and beat it till they are soft as well.
Add some vanilla essence and sugar powder to it. Use half the sugar powder from the measurement. Beat it again until smooth, and then scrape the sides of the bowl. Add more sugar powder later if you feel the need for it. Now add half of the ground oreo biscuits or oreo powder and beat again.
Oreo cream frosting is ready. It is so smooth that you can even lick it.
- If the recipe requires milk and you want to replace it, then use buttermilk instead. It will make the cupcakes moist.
- This cupcake will have a vanilla flavour. You can experiment using chocolate as well.
- Please don’t stray away from the measurement of flour.
Other cupcakes to try on: