Kaju Curry is a delicious vegetarian recipe of North Indian cuisine. It is a rich, thick, spicy curry consisting of roasted cashews as the main ingredient. A bite full of this is enough to give your taste buds a rich feeling.
You can consider this recipe as Shahi with the number of cashews we’ll be using. Hence, you can say that you are having something royal to eat.
About The Dish
This recipe is easy-to-make and does not require much fuss. Also, the time requires to prepare this is not too much. So it is a quick recipe also. And the base of this recipe can also be used for other similar recipes.
The roasted cashews bring a natural sweetness to this dish and also create a thick base. This recipe is not much in the spice department. It is much on the sweeter side due to the loads of cashews used. But it is up to your taste and preferences to make it spicier or to keep it just as it is.
Kaju Curry is a favorite recipe of many people. You are definitely going to find this dish on the menu for Punjabi dishes in a restaurant. It is also a nice inclusion for gatherings and special occasions to have.
Tips For Kaju Curry:
- You can add yoghurt or cream to the dish if you like. It gives a rich and creamy texture in addition to advancing the flavours. Remember to adjust the spices accordingly if you do add those. Or use cashew powder instead.
- Remember to adjust the salt measurement if you are adding butter. Also, you can skip adding garlic to it if you do not want it.
- If you want to keep it vegan even with the yoghurt or cream then switch to non-dairy counterparts of them. Almond milk yogurt and cream with coconut cream or milk are the options.
- Add a little garam masala for flavour and aroma. Fennel seeds powder can also be used.
- For more variation, you can add paneer to this. Roast the pieces and add them to the gravy. Use tofu for a vegan option.
- You can use oil to fry the cashews for a vegan option. Or air-fry them instead of using ghee for frying.
- This dish goes well with tandoori rotis, naan, and chapatis. You can serve it with jeera rice or veg pulao.
- And you can have lassi also to enjoy this dish to the fullest.