Egg Lababdar is a delicious and creamy gravy made with eggs. It is a straightforward and quick dish that one can have for dinner or lunch as the main course.
It is a unique one-pot recipe and is less fussy. As the name suggests, this recipe will make you desire and crave it more. Let me tell you, this dish is a treat for egg lovers out there. On the contrary, it’s a Shahi Moghlai recipe.
Besides, this can fill your protein requirements, too.👍👍
Table of Contents
Reasons To Try Egg Lababdar
- It is easy to make even with the list of ingredients.
- Extremely tasty and rich recipe.
- A different egg recipe than the regular anda bhurji.
- It is a protein-packed dish.
- You can eat it with rice and chapati.
- It offers loads of flavours for your palates.
- These seriously are a few of the shahi egg recipes available.
Few Tips to Enhance Taste:
- Try edible food colours to get the desired colour for the gravy.
- Add heavy cream or coconut milk to make the gravy smooth & creamy.
- Replace eggs with paneer, prawns, fish, vegetables, or chicken in the same recipe. However, cooking time for all of them will be different. Even tofu is a healthy substitute.
- In this recipe, add chopped capsicum for more taste.
- To make it a little tangy, add lemon juice or tamarind paste.
- You can add or minus the amount of the chillies as per your taste buds’ preference.
- For more aromas and flavours, use Kasuri methi.
- We can substitute Melon seeds, poppy seeds, peanuts, or sesame seeds with cashews.
- If you like, you can add special commercial spice powders available to your liking.
- You can add grated cheese to this dish in the end.
- Garnish the gravy with grated boiled egg whites or some cheese if you like. You can enjoy this with both rice and roti.
Here’s a list of our other fantastic egg recipes: