Dahi Papdi Chaat is a mouth-watering and refreshing street snack recipe. The famous chaat of north India is an easy & quick recipe with the base of yoghurt and papdi.
You will experience several flavours on your tongue at once with just one bite of this. The sweetness of meethi chutney, spicy and sour for the green chutney, and the tanginess of the yoghurt. It is just as great as dahi chana chaat.
Reasons We Love Dahi Papdi Chaat
- It is a quick recipe and extremely easy to make.
- A perfect low-fat snack to fill your stomach.
- You can have this on your party snack menu.
- Also, great to serve in get-togethers or iftar.
- One can make it in a short period.
- It is even easier to make if you have prepared the ingredients beforehand.
- It has a burst of sweet, tangy, and spicy flavours.
Want to Make Papdi at home?
The only concern you may have will be about the papdi. Store-bought are fine as well. But some people may not be so okay with the idea. In that case, this papdi is equally easy to make at home.
If you want to make the papdi at home, you can do that. You’ll need three tbsp of ghee for two cups of all-purpose flour. Apart from them, you’ll have to add cumin seeds and salt for this. We are not adding any cooking soda because we do not want to have them fluffy.
Make a dough of it and keep the dough to rest. Then take portions, roll them flat with a rolling pin, and cut puris. Prick them from both sides with a fork so that air does not store them. All that is left is to deep-fry them, and homemade papdi is ready.
Or, if you feel like being bold and experimenting, you can replace the papdis with nachos.
TR’s Extra Shots
- Pre-Prep – Prepare the chutney and curd, boil the potatoes, and then store them. It will make it easier to assemble everything and serve the chaat fresh.
- Refrigerating – If you have chilled the curd, remove it before ten minutes of serving.
- Chillies – To make it spicier, add chopped green chillies. On the contrary, add red chilli powder if you want to make it colourful and not spicy. Black Pepper powder is also good to add.
- Sweetening – If you do not want to add the sweet chutney, then sweeten the curd instead.
Some more recipes: