Paneer Biryani is scrumptious and tasty Indian rice recipe. It’s spicy and has an amazing aroma. Also, the best option for vegetarians.
We all love biryani and therefore, I have explored this amazing recipe for you all to try and never forget the taste of it. It is similar to Veg Dum Biryani but with some little differences in ingredients.
The exotic flavor of the Paneer Biryani is a way to enjoy life and dinner time. With the spices mixed with veggies and cooked rice, the paneer will make such an impact on your tongue.
Also, it doesn’t take much time to prepare this awesome dish. A rich, fragrant Paneer Biryani is all you. need for a weekend dinner.
Paneer Biryani is mild and tummy-filling. If the guest is coming home, definitely this dish will play the best role in a guest hosting.
At the end of the cooking, add a dash of saffron milk to enhance the flavor and also make it more aromatic and rich-looking. You will see the colors of this rice dish popping out like anything.
So, let’s make this at home, and let me know how much you liked the taste. Make this for your husband, mother-in-law, and kids. Impress everyone with this delicious rice recipe.
Who says Non-vegetarians have all the fun?
Pressure Cooking Paneer Biryani
Marinating, boiling rice, and cooking the biryani may take more time than you have on your hands. If you are facing this problem then there is a quick way to make it by pressure cooking.
When you use a pressure cooker to make this then it will take less time and preparation. There will be no need to marinate the paneer, just fry them separately. After that, make a paste of the marination and keep it aside.
Fry whole spices and onions in the pressure cooker. if you are using cashews then fry them as well. Then add the paste, paneer, and rice to the pressure cooker. Adjust the amount of water as per the amount of rice and add it to the cooker. Cook everything for one or two whistles on medium heat.
Proper measurement of water is extremely important. If you add more water than required then the rice will turn mushy and if you add less water it may burn.
TR’s Extra Shots:
- Selecting the right quality of rice is important for any biryani recipe. Aged basmati rice is the best. Parboiled rice is another category to use. Any kind of long-grain and non-sticky rice is perfect for this recipe.
- You can add more vegetables to the biryani like beans, carrots, mushrooms (if you like), corn, potatoes, cauliflower, etc.
- Similarly, nuts and dry fruits are also a great addition to it. Almonds, cashews, and raisins, are commonly used. Some even like to add dried apricots to it.
- If you want to have a vegan version of this dish then replace all the dairy products. Paneer will be substituted with tofu, milk, and yogurt will be of a non-dairy or plant-based version. Also, stick to using only oil instead of butter/ghee in this.
- Rice is only to be cooked up to 90% otherwise it will be sticky and mushy.
- Use a few dry fenugreek leaves for more aroma.
Also, check out some of our other Paneer recipes like