Cheesy Mushroom Omelette is one of the most filling and delicious egg dishes. It is an exciting combination of eggs and mushrooms for breakfast. Further, cheese makes it even more delicious.
But mushrooms are not very much wanted unless you are an American. So why not try out making it. You are not going to get disappointed. It is easy, quick, and something new to have.
Ingredient For Cheesy Mushroom Omelette
- Mushroom – Generally, button mushrooms are prefered for a mushroom recipe as they cook simultaneously. But since we will cut them anyways, it will not matter which one you use here.
- Oil – Regular cooking oil is sufficient in this recipe. But most people use olive oil to make this. You can use whatever oil you prefer, though.
- Spices – The most basic seasoning in any omelette is salt and black pepper powder, which we are using here. Apart from this, we are adding green chillies and oregano for more flavour.
- Cheese – The second essential ingredient in this recipe. And you can add it to your heart’s content (don’t overdo it). Just remember to use the cheese that melts quickly in the omelette.
- Eggs – Of course, this is the star ingredient in this recipe. You can either balance the components with eggs, which is better or use them less.
- Onions – This ingredient generally goes well in an omelette and make it tastier. You can reduce the measure of onion or can skip it altogether.
TR’s Extra Shots For Cheesy Mushroom Omelette
- Greens – We can also add green vegetables like spinach, asparagus, broccoli, and kale to the omelette. Or even leek and scallions will do.
- Cooking Mushrooms – Do not add any liquid while cooking them. They have enough water content of their own. Hence they will get cook in their water.
- Herbs – You can add any herb that goes well in an omelette. Dried thyme, parsley, basil, or even chopped coriander (for Indians especially) are great to use.
- Meat – Just like the green vegetables, you can also add shredded boiled chicken, pieces of cooked fish or some beacon as well. Cooked and chopped prawns will be the best option here.
- Lactose – We are not adding milk as it is. If you want a dairy-free recipe, you can replace the cheese with vegan cheese instead.
- Serving – This dish is filling as it is. However, you can serve it with some toast, chai, juice or coffee if you have it for breakfast. Moreover, a salad will go with it if you eat it during lunch.
- Pan – It is necessary to use a bigger pan to cook mushrooms to get enough space. Or else, will steam them instead of frying.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which cheese to use in the omelette?
Cheese like cheddar, gruyere, and mozzarella is preferable in the omelette. They melt well in the omelette. However, you can also use parmesan, feta, and manchego are good as well. They will work in the recipe as well.
Is it okay to add milk to the omelette?
If you search the internet for this recipe, you will find that milk is added to many versions of the recipes. It is to make the omelette moist and fluffier. However, it is not necessarily true. Milk will make the eggs watery, and you may have trouble cooking them. If you still do it, be extremely careful about how much you add it.
How to make the omelette fluffier?
The fluffiness of the omelette majorly depends on how properly you whisk the eggs. If possible, whisk the egg whites and yolks separately to get a super fluffy texture of the omelette.
What other combinations can I make with omelette?
You can experiment with omelette as much as you want, and most of the time, it will turn good. Few of them are tried & tasted combinations. They include
- Bacon and cheddar
- Ham, cheddar, onion
- Ham, cheese of choice, onion, red/green bell peppers
- Sliced steak, onions, white cheddar
Can I put baking powder in the omelette?
Recently, people have started using baking powder in omelettes to make them fluffier. And it has helped them achieve results. However, we would not recommend you to try it. Adding this ingredient may change the texture of the omelette. Also, the flavour of the omelette might be weird too.