Quesadilla from the leftover roti is the best use of the overnight roti’s. Veg Quesadilla is a popular Mexican dish with loads of vegetables and is famous in the US. It resembles a lot to tacos and is spicy.
What Is A Veg Quesadilla?
Veg Quesadilla is a Mexican dish that contains cooked vegetables and sauces. Sometimes, this is made in a non-vegetarian version as well that contains meat.
Ideally speaking, a veg quesadilla is similar to the Mexican version of India’s sabzi-roti. However, instead of rolling in a chapati, present with folding the chapatis in half.
This type of quesadilla that we fold in half is known as a half quesadilla. If we use two chapatis and fill them in a sandwich or burger manner, which means placing the filling in between, it will be a whole quesadilla.
Typically, in Mexico, tortillas are typical to use. Tortillas are thin flatbread of wheat flour or of corn flour which in India is commonly known as Roti.
There are no definite ingredients for the filling of the quesadilla. However, black beans are more in use to put in it over there. Sometimes, one can also include meat and chicken in it. One can add avocado and cilantro to give it a pleasantly tangy taste.
Tips For Veg Quesadilla
- The recipe for a veg quesadilla is customizable. You can even invent your version of quesadillas in your home.
- Vegetables should remain slightly crunchy and not be mushy or too soft.
- Popularly, Mexicans enjoy this with famous Mexican salsa sauce. The sauce is much spicy in comparison. If you are a fan of spice and heat, then you should try it with that.
- Schezwan sauce can be a substitute for salsa sauce. You can even try guacamole, Pico de Gallo, sour cream, or can get a Mexican dip to have it with.
- One can heat Quesadillas in a simple pan, grill, or bake them in an oven. And you can enjoy it anytime you can.
- To store them, wrap them separately in a plastic wrap/food wrappers once they are room temperature. Then refrigerate them in an air-tight container. this remains edible for two days.
- Brush them with oil or butter before reheating the stored quesadillas.
- Skip cheese or butter for a vegan veg quesadilla.
- Use readymade seasoning for more flavours in your quesadillas.
- Tortillas make a gluten-free version of these quesadillas.