Fresh Raw Mango Juice is revitalising, rejuvenating and refreshing. We all know that natural fruits make us stronger, healthier and more active. However, some are believed to be anti-ageing, helping you age gracefully.
You will hardly find someone on this planet who doesn’t love mango. This fruit has over 1500 varieties in India, of which 1000 varieties are cultivated commercially. Amazingly, each mango variety has a distinguished taste and flavour.
Since we are discussing mango variety, let’s talk about the most popular mangoes in India. Let me know in the comment section which one is your favourite. Here’s the list for you.
Popular Indian Mango Varieties
- Kesar is the second most expensive mango variety named after a spice, Saffron.
- Totapuri – It looks like a parrot’s beak and comes from Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh & Telangana.
- Alphonso – Also known as Hapus, is an expensive variety of mango exported from India.
- Sindhura – The pulp is yellow, whereas the skin is red and green.
- Badami – These mangoes are known as the Alphonso of Karnataka state.
- Ratnagiri – Cultivated in red soil and attractive location of Ratnagiri, Maharashtra.
- Langra – It is also known as Banarasi Langra, primarily grown in Banaras, Uttar Pradesh.
- Amrapali – These mangoes are a hybrid variety of cross-breeding between Dasheri and Neelam Mangoes.
- Vanraj – A rare variety of mangoes from Vadodara, Gujarat, has a reddish tint.
- Safeda – Also known as Banganpali, it is popular in several regions in Andhra Pradesh.
How to Make Juice More Chatpata
The list below contains readily available items. You can use some of them as a substitute or add them individually to flavour your juice. So let’s see what they are.
- Pink Salt – A substitute for black salt. Even ordinary white salt will work fine.
- Mint Leaves – An additional flavour of mint will tingle your taste buds.
- Green Chilli – Add a small size chilli which is mildly hot.
- Black Pepper Powder – If using pepper powder, add only 1/4 tsp or less.
- Rock Sugar – A natural substitute for sugar syrup without compromising sweetness.
- Coriander Powder – Use dry roasted coriander to add a woody flavour.
- Chaat Masala – An inevitable powdered masala for juices and sharbat.
This juice is made in two different ways; one is boiling the raw mango and another by directly using it. I prefer using it directly.
Raw mangoes or Kachi Keri keep your body hydrated. Thus it can be a perfect choice for iftar during Ramadan as it falls in the summer season. Fasting for about 15-17 hours means this drink will regulate body temperature and save you from heatstroke.
Like Gur ka Sharbat, this drink is perfect for fighting the harsh summer heat. My mom used to make this juice almost every day when we returned from school. It felt like heaven.
How to Store Raw Mango Juice?
Storing raw mango juice can be tricky because it contains vivid flavours due to the ingredients we put in. Hence, room temperature is not ideal for storage. A refrigerator is the only solution if you want to keep it fresh. A step further, if you toss it into deep freeze, the shelf life will increase dramatically.
But here’s something you need to improvise. Crush the raw pieces of mango using a mixer grinder and extract the pulp in a glass bowl. Remember, don’t use plastic containers; once you collect your pulp in a glass bowl, strain it till you get the liquid juice out of it.
That’s the purest form of natural mango juice.
Transfer the juice into a glass jar and cover it with a tight lid. Toss the jar into the freezer and use it as and when required. Okay, wait. There’s something more to this.
What Must You Not Do?
Read this section carefully. The following tips will help you save hours of hard work in extracting the juice. Here you go.
- Never leave the jar lid open at room temperature. Instead, shut the lid tightly after using the juice.
- Do not add ice cubes to the jar. Instead, preserve the juice in a natural taste without diluting it.
- Avoid adding any artificial preservatives to the juice. It can hold long without them.
- Don’t expose the juice to harsh sunlight or intense heat unless necessary.