Afghani Omelette is an easy and tasty pan-fry breakfast recipe. This recipe does not just taste good but is so fancy looking as fine being served in a restaurant.
This egg recipe is impressive and much stomach-filling. It also does not require too much fuss or decor. You can easily dish out this recipe for a heavenly breakfast.
The Afghani Omelette recipe is sure to provide the right amount of energy and nutrients one needs to function for a whole day. Besides, it’s a simple recipe that tastes amazing. The key point is the infusion of flavours of potatoes and tomatoes. This alone lessens the need for too much seasoning.
Even if it is a breakfast recipe there are no restrictions or time limits to eating it. After all, when there are eggs for a recipe there is all the flexibility you want.
Afghani Egg Omelette vs Egg Shakshuka
If you search for this recipe on google you will find some of the results having the word shakshuka in their title. This comparison could be because they have a similar appearance. Also, the process of cooking is matching a tad bit as well.
However, both these egg dishes are definitely not the same. There are two major points to prove them different.
First and most important is that there is absolutely no use for potatoes in the shakshuka recipe. This factor is based on the individual making shakshuka but it is highly unlikely for anyone to use potato in that.
Another difference is the use of tomatoes. We have used this ingredient but it is in less quantity. The base of shakshuka is the majority of tomatoes in both chopped and puree form. That is not the case here.
Apart from those, many of the shakshuka recipes include capsicum which we are not using. Also, the flavours in shakshuka are dominated by paprika and cumin. Sometimes even cinnamon and nutmeg powder are in use as well. All of these are not included in this recipe.
Therefore, if we have to compare both these then there is no reason to interchange the names of both the egg dishes. In fact, the dish eggs in purgatory are more similar to shakshuka than the Afghani egg omelette.
- As it is well known, eggs are extremely healthy and protein-rich food products. Added with vegetables of your own desire is also making it nutritious. But if you wish to make it even more healthy, then try cooking it with olive oil.
- You might need to keep in mind the number of eggs you cook in one go. There are chances of the substances being overflowed out of the pan.
- Do not add salt & pepper while frying the potatoes or there is a chance of them sticking together.
- you can replace the fresh tomato with canned tomatoes. Also, you can reduce or skip the green chillies if you are not a fan of too much spice.
- You need to cook the eggs on low flame. So keep the heat low while adding the eggs.
Just remember to eat it as hot as you can bear. This recipe is just what you need for a kick start to your day.
Try our other egg recipes like Grated Boiled Egg Sandwich and Indian Style Korean Egg Roll.
September 11, 2021 @ 7:56 am
Amazing recipe. Turned out really good. Thank you for sharing.