Gulkand strawberry milkshake is not only a refreshingly cool summer drink. It is also a natural coolant because of the Gulkand present in it.
Moreover, it is a regular refreshment found in every household. Not limited to a specific festival, this milkshake is drunk in abundance on Holi here in India.
The Gulkand strawberry milkshake is heavenly and delicious as it is flavoured with rose petals. Additionally, it has strawberries in it. All in all, it’s a perfect combo of baby pink-coloured sweet-flavoured milkshakes.
Like I said above, Holi special drinks are termed Thandai. Here in India, Thandai is a traditional drink served, especially on Holi. The festival of colour is indeed incomplete without Thandai.
Table of Contents
A Substitute of Thandai
Not everyone likes Thandai because it’s heavy to digest, especially for kids. Hence, the Gulkand strawberry milkshake can be a creamy substitute for Thandai.
Since there are strawberries & milk in it, kids will love it. Trust me, and this pinky milkshake will be everyone’s favourite.
Tips For Gulkand Strawberry Milkshake:
- You can use honey, maple syrup, agave syrup etc., as the sweetening agent. But if the strawberries are already sweet enough, you can skip adding any sweetener, as both gulkand and strawberries are sweet enough.
- Gulkand can either be store-bought or homemade. Both of the options are fine.
- Chia, flax, or hemp seeds are great additions to this drink. It will increase the fibres and other nutrients in this.
- Similarly, dry fruits like almonds, cashews, and walnuts are also good to add.
- A surprising fact is that you can add protein powder to this drink. Alternate the chocolate syrup and heavy cream with healthy options or skip them, and you will have a drink equivalent to a workout smoothie.
- Using fruit juice is not recommended in this recipe. Do not add that.
Can I Make This Gulkand Strawberry Milkshake Vegan?
Yes, you can! And this factor makes this recipe even more lovable. This mesmerizing sweet delight pink drink is an extremely versatile recipe.
To make this drink vegan you need to substitute the dairy products with their vegan counterparts. The best option for that will be almond milk. Even though, coconut milk can be an option to use as well I do not recommend that. You may not like the taste of this drink along with the addition of coconut. However, that is up to you completely.
Needless to say, this drink will taste best when served cold. Now, you can achieve that with two options commonly. The first thing we usually do is add ice cubes to the drink to chill that. However, this can make the consistency of this milkshake thinner. That will result in an alteration of the taste.
To prevent this you can first chill the milk (and other ingredients) and then make the milkshake. This will eliminate the use of ice cubes completely. Apart from that, you can even freeze the glassware you’ll be using for serving this drink. Keep them in the refrigerator before serving the milkshake in them and experience the chillness.
Lastly, garnish the drink with dry fruits/nuts and/or rose petals, and strawberry slices before serving.