Greek salad is awesome, breezy, and tangy. It is the best choice salad to have during hot summers. The paneer is the main charm of the salad & loaded with many juicy vegetables.
The salad is unique and will make your mouth flavoursome with some extravagant veggies like cherry tomato, cucumber & onion.
It is a classic salad recipe that goes really well with an amazing dinner or date night especially when your partner is diet conscious.
I remember the incident about my best friend taking his girl home and begging me to make something for their date night.
He had promised his girl to make the food himself. Now that I had to really present something classic so I went into deep thought & then came up with a King Fish Shallow Fry recipe along with the greek salad.
All healthy and light food can make their evening special. And yes, it did go well. Now they are happily married and I really thank myself for that. Even a third person can make value in other people’s stories by serving really classy food.
What To Add To Greek Salad?
Traditionally, this Greek salad or Horiatiki includes red onions, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, kalamata olives, and feta cheese. However, every recipe of this salad has its own altercations as per the individual’s taste, as so happens with a salad’s recipe. Therefore, we are using paneer instead of feta cheese.
Likewise, you can substitute a few ingredients in this recipe. For instance, you can substitute red vinegar with white vinegar if you cannot find the red one. If Kalamata olives are not available then you can use black olives instead. That will work fine.
Cherry tomatoes are better to use but it will be no problem to use the regular red ones. Or, when tomatoes are not available or you don’t want to use them, add grapes instead. That is a popular substitution. To add a bit of crunch, generally, pita chips are added. However, you can use any close substitute like nachos or anchovies. You can also add bell peppers.
- If red onions are too much for you to handle then add white ones. Or you can soak them in hot water for 10-15 minutes and then rinse them with cold water before drying them.
- Store the salad ingredients individually in the fridge and they will last for 3 days. You can also chop them finely and add them to the soup as a garnish. This works best with the creamy soup.
- This tastes best with a chicken or salmon dish.
- For more flavours, you can add fennel or sugar.
- Do not add leafy vegetables like lettuce or spinach. Also, avoid adding ingredients that are too watery, even cucumbers if they can make this soggy.
Try this amazing Greek salad recipe and share your comments below. I will keep posting such awesomeness.