1. Grind chopped onions, whole peanuts, ginger and green chillies to a thick paste.
2. This is your onion-peanut paste. Keep it aside to use later.
3. Mix ridge gourd, turmeric powder, coriander powder, salt, and onion-peanut paste in a bowl.
4. Splutter cumin seeds and curry leaves in hot oil until aromatic.
5. Then add chopped tomatoes, green garlic, fresh coriander and garlic chutney. Mix well and cook until oil separates.
6. Finally, add marinated ridge gourd and mix gently.
7. Cover and cook for 8-10 minutes on low flame.
8. Sprinkle yellow sev on top, leave it for 5 minutes, and then serve.